As Frodo Baggins said at the beginning of the Hobbit, “I’m going on an adventure!” He didn’t know exactly what he was getting himself into or where he could end up, but he did know that his heart and head called to know what else was out there beyond the horizon. This idea of the unknown is what we continue to seek.
The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines adventure as “an unusual and exciting experience or activity.” Unusual and exciting experiences have been our motto!
We grabbed our gear and ventured into the “wilds” of the wide, wide world of our next destination. What’s out there? We don’t know. What will happen? We can’t be sure. But we do know that we have grown, had fun, and continue to learn more with each new venture. It is a great adventure, and we continue to amass unforgettable life lessons and tales to tell in the future.
10 bucket list items We Have completed!:
- Cuddle an iguana – with fear…LOL, Mexico
- Learn a few words in a new language
- Try escargot, France
- Snorkel for the first time in a Cenote, Mexico
- Make a new friend in every country
- See the ball drop in Times Square on New Year’s Eve, New York
- Discover the ancient ruins and structures of Mexico, Egypt, Ireland
- Swing over the rice terraces in Bali Indonesia
- Meditate in the king’s tomb – Pyramid of Giza Egypt
- Kids playing in the snow for the very first time, Canada
For the past 15 years, we’ve noticed that we have more fun and gain more joy when we are out experiencing new life elements that make us feel exhilarated yet uncertain in the moment.
It is moments like this that truly open our eyes to what the world has to offer and how much we can learn as a family and as individuals. We have merged the certainty we hold in our personalities with the uncertainty that our adventurous spirits provide to us, thus forming an entirely new perspective and means to live life to the fullest.
From hanging out with elephants in India to snorkeling in the Caribbean to learning new languages in different parts of Africa, we have embraced a sense of adventure in everything we do.
on a Tree
we grow in different directions yet
our roots remain as one.